How to Create Your First Information Product
You have knowledge that can help others. You can make a lot of money packaging and selling it to others. It’s an incredibly rewarding experience – making money whilst helping others. So what’s stopping you?
Practice with a simple 10-15 page ebook or report
- Identify one problem you’re going to solve for your reader.
- Break the problem’s solution into five steps the reader must take to achieve the desired result. (Do not go beyond five as the solution will be too complex. If you need more than five steps, chances are you’re not solving just one problem and will need to be more specific).
- Break each of the fives steps into a further three sub-steps (5 steps × 3 sub-steps = 15 sub-steps in total)
- Write out each sub-step in full.
- Make each transition between the steps flow in a logical sequence.
Congratulations, you now have an ebook/report. Most people don’t even get to this stage so well done. OK, you’re probably thinking it’s not the best piece of writing nor is it particularly valuable. That’s not the point. The point is practising getting your thoughts organised. What you’ve demonstrated are the same skills you need whether you’re producing a simple guide or a comprehensive four-figure course.
Once you feel more confident, produce a longer, more polished ebook using the same method. How much could you charge for it? Maybe $27, maybe more. You’d have to sell a lot to start hitting some serious bucks, right? Only if you stayed at the $27 price tag. Jeff Bullas – blogger, author and strategist – shows you how to turn a $27 ebook into a $3,000 flagship product:
- Add an audio version – now you can charge $97
- Add a video version of the ebook where you record the screenshots in a video format while chatting through the ebook content – Sell that product for $597…
Read the full article below: http://www.jeffbullas.com/2013/12/11/how-to-package-your-knowledge-to-sell-on-your-blog/
- If you don’t know where to begin, start with a simple ebook/report. Anyone can write a report.
- Today’s internet marketing millionaires started where you are. The important thing is that they started.
- Don’t give up – it’s a marathon, not a sprint. Selling information is a wonderful business to be involved in – maybe the perfect business. It’s rewarding in every sense and the sky’s the limit.
- Identify a problem you can solve for your target market.
- Map out a 10-15 page solution using the method above.
- Upload your product to Gumroad and start selling. (On this occasion, how many copies you sell is not important. What’s important is taking the first step to monetizing your know-how. The more you do it, the more saleable assets you create, the more fans you acquire and the more money you will start making).
- Upwork – here you can find affordable freelancers who can setup your website for you
- Gumroad – a convenient, all-in-one solution for selling your information product